Monday, October 11, 2010

Consider Yourself Warned.

Today was not the best day...but consider yourself warned.

Next person who tells me I should probably not run anymore, I can't catch a break, my body is trying to tell me not to run, or that I'm crazy to keep running is going to get punched in the face.  I'd like to move on from my stroke and everyone encourages this, but then they remind me of all that. COME ON.

I know what the limits of my body are, if I've learned one lesson from my stroke it's to listen to my body. This means people have to trust that I am not going to endanger myself or my health and do something I don't think I'm ready for.

I would also like to be remembered for things things than my stroke.  I don't want to be defined by it and therefore, people shouldn't think of me as a weak person that is fragile.  I am, in fact, not fragile and have talked EXTENSIVELY to my (many!) doctors about what I can and cannot do.  They've given me the okay to keep running and thats what I'm going to do. Why? Not that it matters, but because it makes me HAPPY. So, lets be supportive.

That is all. Happier post to come.  We're coming up on my two-year Second Chance-aversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment